2011 ANNUAL FORUM TOPICS
FORUM: Sunday - Tuesday, October 2 - 4
Key Forum Topics To Be Addressed
This years Forum will focus on four key issues related to the Forum theme and the general operations of a Mobile Health program.These topics will be addressed by speakers in both General Sessions and Breakout Sessions.All sessions will include time for Q&A and interaction among attendees.In addition to the organized sessions, informal Roundtable peer discussions will also address the four key topics as well as other topics related to program operations.
1. Health Information Exchange and Patient Management
- 1A.Data collection and storage
- 1B.Selecting/implementing an EMR/PHR system
- 1C.Staff assignments, patient scheduling, billing
- 1D.HIPPA and OSHA Guidelines
Speakers will focus on the most vital issues related to enhancing the efficiency and outcomes of a successful mobile health medical or dental clinic.Content will include best-practice policies and procedures required to initiate and operate a mobile clinic and meet standards of care.
2. Advanced Technology
- 2A.Telehealth/Telemedicine/Distance Learning:
- Provider - Provider Consultation
- Provider - Patient Diagnosis or Education
- 2B.Clinic Application Tools:
- Tablets (i.e., iPad)
- Super/smart phones
- Satellite transmission
- Video conferencing
Speakers will focus on innovative applications of technology in the mobile health environment.Content will include how the use of state-of-the-art technology (equipment and/or software) enhances program productivity and measured outcomes.
3. Vehicle Clinic Design
- 3A.Chassis, fuel, floor plan options
- 3B.Specialty equipment installation requirements
- 3C.Energy efficiency and environmental considerations
- 3D.Federal/state/local regulations and licensing
- 3E.Miscellaneous: driver training, vehicle maintenance, parking, security, insurance
Speakers will focus on the considerations for designing, building and managing vehicle operations (for a specialty health (medical, dental, mammography) clinic.Content will include vehicle design options, regulatory/license requirements and operating procedures.
4. Program Advocacy: Its Definition, Implementation & Impact on Public Policy
- 4A.Government and Private Support
- 4B.Public Relations
- 4D.Calculating the Return on Investment in your program
Speakers will focus on political advocacy and public partnerships.Content will include the value and how-to of building program awareness among healthcare policy-makers (on a federal, state and local level) and building the political will in support of your program and mobile healthcare nationwide.